How do I book my first class?
Please follow these 3 easy steps:
1. REGISTER for an online account
2. PURCHASE your credit/credit package
3. BOOK a bike or mat in any class on our schedule
What is your booking window?
Our booking window goes live on Sundays at 5pm ET for the following 14 Days. The online schedule will always reflect the most up to date information regarding instructor substitutions and cancellations.
Arrival time / check-in
We ask that returning clients arrive and check-in at least 3 mins prior to the start of class. At the exact start time of class, your bike or mat may be released to someone on the waitlist or a walk-in if you have not arrived, and if you have not emailed/called to give a heads up about being tardy.
NEW CLIENT ARRIVAL POLICY:
New clients to B/SPOKE are required to arrive at least 10 mins prior to the start of class. Arriving 10 mins early allows for clients to check-in, receive a brief tour of the studio, learn more about class protocol, and for RIDE, receive support with bike set-up. This NEW client policy will be strongly enforced to ensure a safe, seamless and stress-free experience. Please know that new clients may not be permitted into class if they arrive within 10 mins of the class start time. New clients will not be permitted into class once the class has started. In these situations, we will always bump the credit back to a new client’s account to be used at a future class.
LATE ENTRY POLICY:
While we highly encourage no “late entries” into class or “early exits” from class during stretch, we do allow a 5 min late entry for returning clients. However, we do not allow first time clients into class late. We are not able to allow late entry into class beyond 5 mins for your health, safety, and the integrity of the class experience. As it is unsafe to miss the warmup of the class as well as the late entry disrupts the vibe of the class and can distract the class and instructor. In these situations, we will always return your credit for future booking or help make a reservation for your next class.
Where do I check in?
CAPE HOUSE INDOORS: 1 Market Street, Mashpee Commons / Our Front Entrance is near L.L. Bean.
SOUTH BOSTON: 54 Old Colony Avenue, South Boston / Our Front Entrance is near Mei Mei + Tatte.
FEDERAL ST: 101 Federal St / Enter the main building and we are the first door on the left.
WELLESLEY: 50 Central Street / Our Front Entrance is next door to Paper Source.
After your first visit, please know you can check-in via our mobile app, “B/SPOKE Studios” free on the app store.
What should I know before my first RIDE class?
- Arrive 15 mins early to the studio so our team can help set up your bike and ensure you feel fully prepped before class.
- All RIDE classes are for all levels as instructors always encourage modifications and moving at your own pace.
- We require riders to wear “clip-in” shoes with SPD cleats. We have spin shoes available to rent at check-in ($2). You are also more than welcome to bring your own spin shoes with SPD cleats! PLEASE NOTE: B/SPOKE Membership holders receive complimentary shoe rentals. Clipping in results in a more efficient transfer of power with each pedal stroke. It also allows riders to safely spend more time out of the saddle targeting the core and other key muscle groups.
Check out these helpful videos to learn more:
What should I know before my first STRENGTH class?
- Arrive 15 mins early to the studio so you can grab your weights for class and start warming up.
- All STRENGTH classes are for all levels as instructors always encourage modifications and moving at your own pace.
- You can wear sneakers or go shoe-less for STRENGTH classes.
- Mats, weights, resistance bands, and towels are provided.
What should I know before my first YOGA class?
- Arrive 15 mins early to the studio so you can grab your props for class and start warming up.
- YOGA classes are heated using infrared heat – Infrared heat is radiated heat that directly heats your body, as opposed to the air around you. Infrared heat is said to be incredibly healing and good for the body.
- All YOGA classes are for all levels as instructors always encourage modifications and moving at your own pace.
- We recommend you take class barefoot for grip and stability.
- Mats, props, and towels are provided.
Do you have any general tips?
Our programs are designed for individuals of all ages, from beginners to experienced athletes. Some of our classes are more challenging than others, but we offer a non-judgmental and non-intimidating environment to sweat in. If you have any injuries or physical concerns, please inform your instructor before class so they can give you advice on how to modify any portion of the workout, if necessary. In the end, it’s YOUR class, and we want you to enjoy the experience!
Here are some top tips for taking ANY class:
- Drink lots of water before, during, and after your class. Staying hydrated is a BIG part of staying healthy.
- Eat a small snack 45 minutes before class, including morning classes! Exercising on a very full or empty stomach is not recommended.
- Wear comfortable clothes designed for exercise (NOT street clothes!). We sell workout gear (including socks!) if you happen to forget your own.
- Please notify instructors before class if you have any injuries so that they can help accommodate + offer modifications.
What is common studio etiquette?
- Please do NOT bring electronics into class! Please turn off notifications + lights on your apple watch, too!
- Please arrive 10 mins prior to class to ensure you are set up and ready to go right when class begins.
- If you are running late OR need to cancel within the 12 hour window prior to class, please call/email your home studio to give us a heads up.
- Please stay for the duration of the stretch + cool-down.
- Please wear clean + fresh clothes.
- Please shower quickly when possible.
Are electronics allowed during class?
Class is a time for YOU! If you don’t need your phone or fitness tracker on for any urgent or medical needs, please leave your phone in a cubby/locker or we can charge it for you at the front desk. Feel free to store any of your belongings in our lockers/cubbies or ask a front desk teammate to store any personal items behind the front desk. We recommend turning any fitness tracker or watch to Theatre Mode or Do Not Disturb as these devices can accidentally go off/light up during class and bright lights can be distracting to the instructor and other participants in class. We appreciate your support in honoring the space as an opportunity to be present and disconnect and ensure a positive experience for everyone.
Do you sell water?
No matter how much water you drink beforehand, you’re going to need more during class! At B/SPOKE, we strive to be as ecologically conscious as possible and encourage you to bring your own reusable bottle. We currently sell B/SPOKE reusable water bottles in studio ($8-$12) that can be filled up at our in-studio water stations. We NO longer sell single-use water bottles in an effort to #SLASHOUTWASTE – please plan accordingly! We DO have water fill up stations.
What happens if I need to cancel or missed a class?
You can cancel a class online or by emailing your home studio without penalty up to 12 hours before the start of class. Cancelling a reservation within the 12 hours prior to class will result in a loss of credit.
If you do not attend a class that you have booked and do not cancel up to 12 hours before the start of class, this class credit will be lost! Please email your home studio to discuss any unusual circumstances, including illness + emergencies. We are more than happy to discuss with you further and see if we are able to support + accommodate.
How does the waitlist work?
Waitlists WORK. We highly recommend keeping an eye on your waitlist spot via our B/SPOKE app and (if you can) coming to the studio prior to class.
If a class is full, you can join the waitlist. Joining the waitlist is like signing up for class. One credit in your account is needed. As bikes or mats become available, they will be automatically allocated to the waitlist on a first come, first served basis. If you are allocated a bike or mat through the waitlist you will be notified by email. Please make sure you cancel your place if you no longer wish to be on the waitlist for a class. You can do this at any point online (without penalty) unless you have already been added to the class from the waitlist.
Once you are assigned a bike or mat up til 30 mins before the start of class, the normal cancellation policy is in effect. In the 15 mins window prior to the class start time, front desk will only add you to the class if they reach you via phone or if you are in studio in person. If no bikes or mats become available by the start of the class, the credit will be returned to your account.
Can I book multiple spots in a class with my package?
It completely depends on the package! If you have a Regular Class Package, yes! If you have a Professional Discounted Package or Auto-Renewal Package, no! Professional Discounted Packages + Auto-Renewal Packages are non-transferrable and only intended for the person who purchased it (and in the case of those who receive our Professional Discount, validated their ID for it!). That said, the system doesn’t allow you to book or hold TWO spots in one class with these packages (even if you have sufficient credits).
Do you have special discounted rates?
Yes! If you are interested in validating your account as a student, teacher, medical professional, first responder, military, veteran, or fitness professional, and unlocking these special discounts, please send a copy of your current ID, schedule or transcript to your home studio.
How do I make changes to my monthly membership?
All monthly memberships have a 3-month requirement. If you are looking to downgrade, upgrade, freeze or cancel your monthly membership, please email your home studio.
How do gift cards work?
We sell gift cards ONLINE and IN STUDIO:
ONLINE: Click GIFT CARDS in the footer of the website to see the different options that work at all studios. All Gift Cards will automatically be emailed to the email address of your choosing upon purchase. If it’s a surprise for another person, we recommend emailing it to yourself!
IN STUDIO: Purchase physical gift cards in studio by asking one of our Front Desk Team members!
Our gift cards are CASH value that the recipient can put towards any credit or merchandise purchase.
What are you doing to keep the space safe + clean?
- We are sanitizing equipment in between each class using EPA registered products according to CDC guidelines.
- We have sanitizer stations throughout the studio and are encouraging clients to utilize before and after class.
- We have upgraded our HVAC system with filters that have a MERV-13 rating consistent with those found in Hospitals. We have also installed new air purifications systems inside the ventilation / ductwork that utilizes UV light and bi-polar ionization.
Do you have a mobile app?
Yes! Our app makes booking class a BREEZE. Download the “B/SPOKE Studios” app in the app store for free. To take classes anywhere, anytime using B/SPOKE On Demand, download the “B/SPOKE On Demand” app as well.
What is your age requirement?
Participants must be aged 13 years or over to attend any of our classes or to use any of our facilities. B/SPOKE does not accept the online registration of minors, and ask that individuals under the age of 13 do not attempt to register on the website as their admittance into class will not be permitted.